Thursday 2 April 2015

Ramon Otting - Love at the first sight

The first time I came across Ramon Otting's work was at the Asia Contemporary Art Show just a month ago ( which I mentioned in the previous post ) It was a Love-at-the-first-sight moment. I was completely dazzled by the glowing poppy flower ( plus it's one of my favourite thing in the world). So when I knew that there was a gallery opening "Dutch Light - Vineyards & Wildflowers painting by Ramon Otting" at Fabrik Gallery in Sheung Wan, I decide to attend and grab another chance to see his beautiful paintings. 

At the gallery opening evening this Tuesday, I was a bit disappointed that Ramon Otting himself was not at the event as I was quite looking forward to meet him in person. Still I enjoyed so much looking at his works. Through the friendly gallerist at Fabrik, I was told that Mr. Otting himself creates his work under the influence of Impressionism, adding on his unique way to depict the subject. And what made his work more special is many of his works include soil from the place where he found inspiration from. If you see the painting closely, you could really see the tiny bits. 

           
As I said to my friend, one day...I would buy his poppy flower paintings... one day!
Provence - Les Coquelicots I, II, III
"Champagne- Vosne Romanee"
This Cherry Blossom painting was created when Mr. Otting visited Cheung Chau island in Hong Kong.

Lastly, I would like to thank the host from Fabrik Gallery for their hospitality! Such a nice event and great dutch cheeses!! ;) x

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks Kannita for posting this one!

    Best,

    Fabrik Gallery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my pleasure Jason!

      Stay tuned :)

      Cheers,
      Kannita

      Delete